Julian Assange 03rd July 1971. A fellow Australian, a father, a multi award winning Journalist who is Politically persecuted.
We live in a world where war criminals get recognition and praise whereas reporting of the #truth by real publishers like Julian Assange get thrown in prison?! Reporting war crimes is NOT a crime.
Julian Assange faces very chilling reality for publishing the truth to us. Where are all the Aussie supporters? Where is the Australian press fighting hard for press freedoms? C’mon do a snip of research and you can see plain as day everything about the US extradition is bogus, evil and completely unlawful.
He is currently arbitrarily being held in HMP Belmarsh with no current charges. The US has had a decade to get their house in order and bring genuine charges against him. They have so far just embarrassed themselves and Julian is unlikely to receive a fair trail in any sense of the word fair.
A UN expert says the British government has shown “outright contempt” for the rights of Julian Assange, who has signs of exposure to psychological torture.
You are welcome to Write to the PM.
Julian Assange and WikiLeaks came into international attention in 2010 when it published a series of infamous leaks provided by Chelsea Manning. TRIGGER WARNING some of the links contain graphic footage and images.
Here is my TOP TEN list of their achievements:
1) The first, released on 5th April 2010 the https://collateralmurder.wikileaks.org/ ,showing U.S. air crew circling in an Apache gunship helicopter and gunning down unarmed Iraqi civilians. They murdered a dozen or so innocent people, two of them Reuters journalists and we understand children. See Ethan McCord’s first responder’s account as well.
2) WikiLeaks delivered Guantanamo Bay https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Camp_Delta_Standard_Operating_Procedure many of the prisoners held in the U.S. military detention facility were completely innocent and some of them were hidden from Red Cross officials! How dare those pesky Red Cross folks turn up and check on prisoners welfare!
3) Lest we forget the illegal invasion of Iraq. https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/17/1799086_re-der-spiegel-on-iraq-war-logs-.html literally thousands of documents relating to America’s illegal invasion of Iraq. John Howard PM, Tony Blair UK PM & President Bush all called for war on false documentation. How does this even happen? Watch this one and be prepared to step into the conspiracy fact world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaZeQ2qUBs4
4) WikiLeaks published the secretive meetings. https://time.com/4362872/bilderberg-group-meetings-2016-conspiracy-theories/. The Bilderberg Group is made up of elite powerful men and women who get together and decide how to rule the world or are they just nice humanitarians?
5) Bankers! https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/feb/11/barclays-investment-banking-tax-avoidance Yep, trusted or not so trusted institutions netted Barclays ONE BILLION QUID a year! UK Pounds. If you say it quickly, it really doesn’t sound like much. One Billion Quid!
6) The Afghan War Diaries. https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Afghan_War_Diary,_2004-2010 They detail friendly fire incidents, civilian casualties and often the diaries showed that “When reporting their own activities U.S. Units are inclined to classify civilian kills as insurgent kills, totally misleading and downplaying the number of civilian people actually killed. Julian Assange on the Afghanistan war logs: ‘They show the true nature of this war’.
7) US State Department cables https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8144739/Wikileaks-what-the-leaked-State-Department-cables-say.html WikiLeaks released hundreds of thousands of cables revealing a salacious mega dump of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s wrong doings including orders for diplomats to spy on UK, Russian and Chinese delegations at the U.N. Security Council. This one may take you a while to read up on.
8) The Stratfor emails https://www.mic.com/articles/4833/top-5-stratfor-wikileaks-revelations-so-far there are millions of them showing how a private intelligence agency was used by its U.S. corporate and government clients to target activists and protesters. Climate type protesters.
9) Trade Deals. Unless you’ve been under a rock. TPP, TISA and TTIP—all three are corporate takeover plans. All three’s contents were super secretive. https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/tpp/tpp/the-dirtiest-deal-you-ve-never-heard-of Government officials and corporate lawyers and lobbyists wrote every word in shrouded in secrecy. Congress, amongst others only saw the Trans-Pacific Partnership very late in the process.
10) Vault 7 in 2017 WikiLeaks posted a https://www.wired.co.uk/article/cia-files-wikileaks-vault-7 No James Bond movie, just the CIA at it. Detailing capabilities, including remotely taking over cars, Samsung smart TVs, web browsers and smartphones.
Even with all of the above, next to no one (bad guys!) has been arrested. Feel free to let me know otherwise.
United Nations. Article 19 Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Sources / Credits / Acknowledgements & thank you to: